Join Our Mailing List
Read Our Recent Blogs
- Based on TKI Research Studies: Which Conflict Mode Is Used Most Frequently (Whether in a Group or in an Entire Country)?
- Resolving the Four Foundational—Inner—Conflicts
- Are Your Surrounding Systems Separate from Your Inner Self?
- The Inherent Conflict Regarding Who Determines Your Self-Worth
- Modifying the Underlying Dimensions of the TKI Conflict Model
- Enhancing Consciousness in Ourselves and Our Organizations
- The Tangible Technique versus the Fuzzy Technology for Using Assessment Tools
- Why Does the TKI Interpretation Focus on High, Medium, and Low Percentiles and Not Raw Scores?
- Looking at E-mail Negotiations with the TKI Conflict Model
- Conflict Management and Expanding Consciousness
Kilmann-Saxton Culture-Gap® Survey
THE UNIQUE BENEFITS OF TAKING THE CULTURE-GAP SURVEY
- The Culture-Gap Survey, published in 1983, was the first of its kind to provide a quantitative assessment of organizational culture—just one year after the first management books (Peters and Waterman's In Search of Excellence and Deal and Kennedy's Corporate Cultures) brought popular attention to this neglected topic for organizational change, improvement, and transformation. After more than 30 years of ongoing use, this survey has clearly withstood the test of time.
- Dr. Ralph Kilmann is the co-author of the Culture-Gap Survey: If you have any questions about how to administer this assessment or interpret your results, you won't be able to find another person who has more relevant knowledge and experience.
- The Culture-Gap Survey is a self-report assessment that allows you to discover the differences between actual and desired cultural norms in four broad areas (task support, task innovation, social relationships, and personal freedom), which cover the wide range of cultural challenges that today's organizations must effectively address and resolve.
- After taking this survey, you'll learn whether one or more of these four types of Culture-Gaps are interfering with the performance and satisfaction of your work group.
- The survey enables you to graph your results into a Culture-Gap® Profile, so you can easily see the significance of each of the four Culture-Gaps. For that same purpose, the survey also provides Culture-Gap® Profiles for your work group, department, and the entire organization.
- The intepretive materials include a detailed example, so you can learn how your survey results can lead to specific strategies for cultural change.
- The online version of the Culture-Gap Survey takes about 15 minutes to complete. Right afterwards, you can download a file for graphing and interpreting your four Culture-Gap scores. Click here to see: Sample Results and Interpretive Materials.
- As a bonus, the online version of the Kilmann-Saxton Culture-Gap® Survey entitles you to receive a free document: Work Sheets for Identifying and Closing Culture-Gaps. This 30-page pdf file, whose paper version lists for $12.95 on amazon.com and other booksellers, provides instructions and work space for surfacing the unusual actual and desired norms that couldn't have been included in any standardized, all-purpose survey. Many work groups have found that analyzing (a) the general Culture-Gaps that emerge from our standardized survey and (B) the unique Culture-Gaps that surface during a probing group discussion together result in the most comprehensive process for improving work group and organizational cultures.
NOTE: "Culture-Gap" is a registered trademark of Organizational Design Consultants (ODC), the parent company of Kilmann Diagnostics.
PURCHASING THE SURVEY FOR YOURSELF
The price for the ONLINE version of the survey is $25. At the bottom of this page, you can place this online assessment in your shopping cart. To purchase the PAPER version of the survey, visit: Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Once you complete your purchase, you have 90 days to take the survey and download the file for graphing and interpreting your scores.
PURCHASING THE SURVEY FOR SEVERAL PERSONS (OR SOMEONE ELSE)
For 1 to 49 persons, each survey is $25.00.
For 50 to 99 persons, each survey is $22.50.
For 100 to 499 persons, each survey is $20.00.
For 500 to 999 persons, each survey is $17.50.
For 1000 or more, each survey is $15.00.
At the bottom of this page, you can enter the desired quantity to your shopping cart. If you enter 50 or more, the total charge will be based on the relevant quantity discount. As soon as a survey is assigned to a person on your spreadsheet (see below), he or she has 90 days to take the assessment.
After you complete your checkout, download The Spreadsheet for Creating Group Accounts and follow the instructions. If you are purchasing the survey for only one person, then fill out the spreadsheet for just this one person.
If you'll be conducting an educational program for several persons (or someone else) and you want to make use of their survey results before that meeting, ask them to send you their four Culture-Gap scores and/or a scan of their completed Culture-Gap® Profile.
Special Requests: We are willing to handle some special requests that pertain to group purchases (which include preparing spreadsheets), but we charge a fee (or add a surcharge per survey) for providing such extra services. Please Contact Us for more information.
CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE THE CULTURE-GAP® SURVEY ALSO PURCHASE THIS RECORDED ONLINE COURSE
During our 6-hour Conflict Management Course, not only will Dr. Kilmann help you interpret your Culture-Gap scores, but you'll also learn how to interpret other people's results. Taking this course is the best way to make sure you are accurately interpreting Culture-Gap results—and using this survey to its full potential. Click on the image to the right to learn how you can gain the most value-added knowledge from the Kilmann-Saxton Culture-Gap® Survey.
COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
Before you can purchase this online assessment, you must first create a username account—or log in to your existing account. After you have completed your purchase, click on My Online Assessments on your username panel at the top left of our website. A new page will open that provides the instructions for taking the survey.
The ONLINE Culture-Gap® Survey—Not the Paper Booklet—Before Any Quantity Discount: